Friday, September 15, 2017

Putting myself out there in hopes of inspiring resilience in others

Posted today on Facebook..........

Those who know me well, know that I am a true believer in paying it forward and helping others help themselves and their loved ones where possible, yet I am also a very private person which makes it tough for me to let my guard down and be vulnerable enough to share my story with strangers. I am blessed with many connections from acquaintance to former teammates/coaches/colleagues, to a village of educators that have guided and supported me over the years and most importantly the few very best friends who continue to stand by me, guide me, lend an ear and support me through thick and thin.

A small percentage of these people are aware that I have been blogging since my 10 year old was 2.5.  What started as an outlet for me has turned into so much more.  My initial focus was on the raw reality of trial and error, as we tried to figure out what was going on with our son and once diagnosed, how to raise a child with Autism.   Since then, our 7 year old has been diagnosed with ADHD among other things and the blog has evolved into posts around many types of early intervention and the results or outcomes of doing so in a timely manner or doing nothing at alll. 

Just last week my husband asked me if I was posting on social media, Facebook and/or Twitter as he and others have continuously encouraged me to share the success and failures on this road less traveled with others. This latest attempt worked as he convinced me to create a twitter account in an effort to reach a broader audience, sharing my blog in an effort to pay it forward, letting others know they aren’t alone, there is hope and last but not least inspire resilience!


And so it begins………You can find me on twitter @BeResilient4U https://twitter.com/BeResilient4U 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Thursday - Simplicity in a complex puzzle

I wholeheartedly believe recognizing the need for simplicity is essential in creating a pathway toward clarity, collaboration and change. So...