Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Planting Seeds to Bloom


The foundation of my #journey2bloom is grounded in empathy and insights gifted to me by others.  The seeds planted along the way of my ever evolving journey have sprinkled their way into other's survival guide.  As I plant the seeds to build the community I know will help so many, today I openly reflect and share: 

It takes time to:

  • Establish trust 
  • Communicate effectively with newly met acquaintances 
  • Understand another's unique situation 
  • Decipher new Lingo
  • Figure out what you know and don't know 
  • Find others that have been where you are and can provide varying perspectives on how they made progress
  • Give yourself permission to be vulnerable around others you don't know
To make progress you must: 
  • Get comfortably uncomfortable with letting others help you 
  • Be willing to build relationships with educators and administrators
  • Release  the guilt you feel for being in this situation 
  • Forgive yourself for not having all the answers
  • Begin to celebrate roadblocks & detours as progress 
  • Recognize it takes a village to create solutions that lead to change  

Progress is inevitable when grounded in a common interest and built upon with trust, understanding and a mutual respect for one another's view into the situation and circumstances.  I promise that eventually you will begin to move the needle forward.  Just when you least expect it, a door will open, a person will offer a lending hand and change will begin to take place. 

It all starts by establishing relationships with others that know more than you, think differently than you YET believe in you, believe in your child and what you are willing to do to help your student live their best life.  

I recognize this can often feel like an overwhelmingly daunting and lonely journey.  I get it so deeply, which is why I am willing to write about every personal facet of how I move the needle forward, backward and at times bend it in ways that others think I am crazy to stretch it!  Nope, it doesn't always work in my favor but it always teaches me something that leads me to a better path forward, some answers and most importantly progress for my kiddos.  

As I shift from passion to execution I am excited to build out this community. I know I will learn with each of you because at the center of this community lies empathy, compassion and an unwavering willingness to listen to others thoughts/ideas.  

Something you read struck a heartstring? If so, please email me at journey2bloom@gmail.com to learn more!



Coming Soon:

Group  discussions focused on 

Topics important to parents of students with learning differences 





Website found here ->  https://journey2bloom.wixsite.com/mysite/how-we-collaborate

#journey2bloom #inspireresilience #ittakesavillage #movingmountains #wordsmatter #advocacy #parenting #findingyourvoice #learningdifferences 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Thursday - Simplicity in a complex puzzle

I wholeheartedly believe recognizing the need for simplicity is essential in creating a pathway toward clarity, collaboration and change. So...