Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanks on Thanksgiving

This note was written to a group of individuals that without their help, I don't know where my son or our family would be today. Their professional guidance, unconditional and unwavering support guided us through so very tough times. I thought it was worth sharing. ====================== I often think of each of you and how much you impacted our lives; especially our oldest son's over 3 of his first 5 years alive. I can't even imagine where he would be today if it hadn't been for the guidance and support of everyone on this email. Your early intervention saved his childhood, our family and likely my marriage. We learned so much with and from all of you and for that I am grateful every day. My oldest, now in 2nd grade, is reading above grade level, on grade level for math and while he still has an IEP, for social, processing delay and comprehension, to an outsider, he fits right in with the crowd. In fact, he fits in so well that when I make reference to how he used to be/act or get a huge smile when I see him self regulate, compromise or help a friend - most of my current friends question my enthusiasm and excitement. Those of you on this email hold a very special place in my heart and I will never forget how much you guided us through so extremely tough times. When times get tough, your names still come up in conversation with "what would they tell us to do" type questions. I am not sure if any of you will ever know how much you mean to us. Now, my oldest son and I are paying it forward; me through my blog and conversations with those who just don't know how to ask for help and J with his kind heart and friendship to those that really need one. We all know that he was always empathetic. Now that he has matured, is processing things quicker and is just comfortable in his how skin, he is using all of the tools and techniques each of you helped him learn - and is helping others that can't necessarily help themselves. I couldn't be more proud of the big kid he is becoming and have all of you to thank for your part in it! I know I am missing a few names on this email, but unfortunately I don't have others emails. Please feel free to pass this along to other school teachers; all of whom were also a big part of this path. If I missed anyone else, feel free to share this message. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. With Love and Gratitude

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Thursday - Simplicity in a complex puzzle

I wholeheartedly believe recognizing the need for simplicity is essential in creating a pathway toward clarity, collaboration and change. So...