Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Vulnerability Opens Doors

Vulnerability opens doors to receiving, provides a pathway to transformation, a starting point to find your voice and ultimately leads to internal trust, belief and a better way of life.  This is the foundation upon which our journey2bloom has been built.

After going live with my last blog post, a side conversation took place between myself and the very first person who truly saw the best in our son, welcomed us in with open arms and became the first member of my tribe which has become a village of advocates.  As I reflected on the conversation, I felt obligated to turn it into my next blog post for those who weren’t privy to the discussion.  Here are the highlights…

This person, Andrea, took my hand, opened her heart and showed me what it meant to be an advocate, to lean in and lift someone up when they can't do it for themselves, to hold the vision of what was possible even when some bystanders choose to judge you for seeking help and others choose to turn a blind eye or walk away and give up.

She took our son into her 3's classroom even after he "shattered a playhouse into hundreds of pieces" and then brought him back into her 3's classroom as a peer when his 4's classroom teachers "thought he was a behavior" problem. Not only did he shine in her class, he became a role model for the younger children.  I am forever grateful for the unconditional love this person showed me and my son(s). She helped me create my tribe of “SME’s” that became my village of advocates, helping me find my voice and teaching me how to be the advocate I am today.  I hope to be half as impactful on others journey as this person has been on mine. 

During our side conversation, she stated that “every child is special and unique in their own way and should never be cast aside for any reason.  My son captured her heart that first moment, from flying castles to Lightening McQueen.” She took the challenges set before her and allowed us in - we allowed one another in – working in tandem to help him thrive and grow.  She will always have a special place in our hearts and she will forever be a part of our journey2bloom.  

When you or someone you know is ready to allow me entry into the journey, I will be here with an unconditionally open mind, open heart and ready to help guide you forward.


#journey2bloom

#inspireresilience

#ittakesavillage

#movingmountains


Find out more about how I can help here -> https://journey2bloom.wixsite.com/mysite





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Thursday - Simplicity in a complex puzzle

I wholeheartedly believe recognizing the need for simplicity is essential in creating a pathway toward clarity, collaboration and change. So...